Matt Lloyd

It was late September, 2014.  I was on stage in front of 250+ people, hosting our Titanium Mastermind in the Bahamas.

In one of the segments I was talking about goal setting, and how a person could use self-imposed consequences to dramatically increase the chance of implementation and achieving their goals (you can see that video HERE)

And then I shared some of my own business and fitness goals to the crowd, which included doing 500 push ups, 300 sit ups, and running 5 miles every single day.

For 90 days straight (I like to set high goals, but sometimes it gets me into trouble).

If I failed to achieve those goals, the consequence would be I’d donate $10,000 to charity.

To be completely honest, I did not have the slightest intention of having to donate the money.

In my mind, it was not an option.  I’m a frugal guy and even though I’ve achieved complete financial freedom, I still regard $10,000 as a significant amount of money – way too much money to lose unnecessarily.

Well, on the 6th day of my new exercise routine, I was in extreme pain.

Running 5 miles / day, I could handle.

Doing 300 sit ups / day… I could almost handle.

But the 500 push ups / day had my shoulders in complete agony.

And what was worse, was that it took well over 2 hours every single day to do the exercises, record them on video, and then upload them online.

So I did not achieve my goal.

I failed by a long shot.

And I’ve been needing to pay up for quite a few months now.

A couple months back I met a guy from Ireland, who is now living in my home city of Perth, Australia.

His name is Martin Howley.

He’s a Diamond member in MOBE, and he’d told me about his goal to ride 200km (over 124 miles) to raise money for a Cancer charity later this year.

I’d committed to donating $1,000 to him when we first met – but had not paid him just yet.

He was becoming annoyed with me.

But little did Martin know I had a surprise planned for him, which you’ll see in this video : )

Enjoy, and if you want to donate money to Martin and the cancer charity he’s involved in, you can do that HERE.

– Matt Lloyd

P.S.  In the video there was a mistake.  I said that together with MOBE’s donation and the others Martin had, he’d now reached $14,000.

What I didn’t know was that Martin was talking in AUD.  So in AUD, the $10,000 MOBE donation will actually take his current overall total closer to $16,000 – comfortably smashing the previous record for most money raised.  Well done Martin!

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

• Whoa… that was quite a goal you had set! As a fitness enthusiast myself, I do as much as 300 push ups on a heavy training day. With that in mind, I was a bit shocked when you set that goal for the Titanium Mastermind.

In any case, you donated the money to a good cause so it isn’t too much of a loss when you look at the bigger picture. Well done, Matt!

• James Costello 1 year ago

James I have dyslexia. I would like to work on the computer to make some money.
    I know much about this it is very difficult to understand words and I get lost with all of this but I don’t any other income to help out.

Yours James

• Jane Gacheru 1 year ago

• Jane Gacheru 1 year ago

Thanks Matt for your generosity it left me in tears that was a shock to Martin congratulations both of you.

• Jennifer 1 year ago

A very moving, emotional story….makes me think you might be someone I would do well to ask if I might Join……my parents when I was young, complained that our family of 10 was ample big enough we didn’t need the salvation army to fit in as well !!
    I always had different ideas !!!

• Jennifer Gavin 1 year ago

I was so impressed by Martins story……I sincerely wish him well, and send him ( and y’all ) much luck, and love and light and laughter and Peace and JOYous Joy, from Jennifer ( keeping my fingers XX’d)
      Besitos y Brazzos……….

• Elsie ybarrita 1 year ago

God bless you because of your generosity mr Lloyd. God bless you to be a blessing to other people.

• Barbara Clements 1 year ago

I was there Matt and wondered how on earth you were going to do that. To me, it seemed impossible. I am amazed that you thought you could reach that level. Did you ever have aspirations of becoming Superman? I knew you would pay up in the end. I even thought at the time, that you just wanted to donate money to a worthwhile cause. I cannot help but admire your belief in your abilities. Maybe I should be aiming higher: I will commence the climb! Thanks for the inspiration Matt.

• Comes up as Growing Your Buisness,I’m not quite finished with it yet,busy going through the 21 steps and various other projects I have going .Hopefully I’ll get some of Mobe products introduced on my site also.Best of Luck everyone.

• Yes, I was there in the Bahamas and I heard your goals. I applaud you for following up and letting us know your results. I applaud you for letting us know that sometimes no matter how hard we try, or how good intention ed we are, sometimes things don’t come up to the mark. I applaud you for supporting a good cause even though Martin was being a pain in the neck “for his good cause”. Way to go. Sometimes I struggle with my MOBE business but I know to keep at it, some days will be great and others not so great.